Available Camps & Programs
BRS High Performance Hockey offers programming for serious players ready to make a long-term commitment to their development through our Summer Skills Academy as well as lower-commitment options such as our Pre-Tryout Small Area Games and Off-Ice Skills Training programs. We do things a little differently here. But, remember, if you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll keep getting the results you’ve been getting. These are not your average hockey summer camps!
2020 Camps & Programs
Checking and Contact CampLimit 12 Players per Group
- Every Wednesday from June 2-August 4 (no sessions on 6/30/21) 9 hours of ice
- Location: The Ice Ranch & Big Bear Ice Arena
- Areas of focus: This camp will train players on skating fundamentals necessary for checking and contact; positioning, angling and gap control; stick checks; contact confidence; and full-body checks including side checks, hip checks, and front checks.
Summer Skills AcademyLimit 15 Players per Group
- Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from June 1 – August 6 (no sessions 5/31 or week of 6/28-7/2)
- Strength & Conditioning sessions at Adapt Athletics paired with every ice session
- Mondays = Skating emphasis, Tuesdays = Passing emphasis, Thursdays = Stickhandling emphasis, Fridays = Shooting emphasis
- Group 1: 2009s & Younger, Group 2: 2008s & Older
- 35 hours of ice training
- 35 hours of strength & conditioning
Spring Small Area GamesLimit 14 Skaters & 2 Goalies per Group
- April 18 & 25; May 2, 9, 16 & 23
- 50% Goalie Discount
- Discounts for Additional Siblings
- 6 hours of ice
- Location: Big Bear Ice Arena
- Areas of focus: This camp will be structured similarly to our Pre-Tryout Small Area Games: players will receive 6 days of fun, competitive, learning-focused & development-focused small area games against other players in their age group throughout the late spring. Have fun and develop skills that actually transfer to games by practicing in game-realistic environments!
Online Training ClubMonthly Subscription Service
- Monthly Subscription Service
- 4 weeks of off-ice skills training | 4 weeks of strength, conditioning & performance training
- Location: Your choice!
- Subscribers will receive customized and age-specific monthly programs for both strength, conditioning & performance training as well as for off-ice hockey skills training. Programs will include hyperlinks to video demonstrations of all exercises and drills. You will need a basic home training area and access to a gym.
DISCOUNTS & FREE PARTICIPATION
- Free Participation: Goalies can participate free in some on-ice sessions of the Summer Skills Academy with their appropriate age group.
- Goalie Discount: 50% discount for goalies participating in Spring Small Area Games
- Early-Bird Discount: 10% off if you sign up 2 months or more before a camp’s start date
- Sibling Discount: 25% off
- Referral Discount: 5% off for each referral who signs up and lists your name (maximum of 5 referrals per registrant)